Bellagio Essential Surgery Group

Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the BESG surgery blog. This public blog is a place for anyone with an interest in addressing the global surgical burden of disease to engage in an e-dialogue around relevant issues related to access to surgical services in resource-constrained settings.

Bloggers may comment on any posting made to this site.

If you have a specific article or document that you would like to see posted on this blog please email Lindsey Lubbock with the posting information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm very interested to join the Bellagio Essencial Srugery blog.
Dr. Giuseppe Meo from Italy

Anonymous said...

I see only one other posting on this site, so I hope that somebody actually reads this. I am a PGY4 general surgery resident in Houston, TX and am currently working on an MPH degree in Global Health. I will be traveling to Rwanda in March 2009 to collect data on the prevalence of surgical diseases in Rwanda. I very much wish to make as many contacts as I can with hospitals there. If anyone reading this is currently working in Rwanda, knows someone who has hodpital contacts in Rwanda, or can possibly point me in the direction of someone who might be able to help, I would VERY much appreciate it. Thanks!!

C. Anne Morrison
camorris79@yahoo.com

Kathy said...

Hi there,
I am an operating room nurse of 28 years in the United States. I work at a community hospital in Illinois, very close to Chicago. I came across this website and blog area and thought it might be nice to communicate with folks around the world who may have similar issues we have hear in Illinois. I am taking a global learning course for my doctorate and am writing a paper on the problem about lack of perioperative personnel and how it extends globally.

Kathy